I did the paint for Martijn’s Kawasaki 550 Cafe Racer. He put everything back together and was very happy with the result.
Due to peeling lacquer I had to respray the bonnet of my girlfriends VW Polo. I decided to do something special with it. Lace & Flakes.
I recently finished a full respray of my Mk4 golf. Debadged it, removed the indicators from the front wings, removed the aerial from the roof and removed de locks out of the door handles. I also installed Mk5 look wing mirrors and repaired some dents.
I helped a lecturer to replace the rear quarter panel on his Mazda 3. The car was placed on a jig to straighten the inner wing. Both bumpers needed replacement too. A new quarter panel was fitted by spot-welding, MIG-welding and glueing. I helped with all this and with the preparation work for paint.
In September 2011 I started a course in Automotive body repair. I’ve been working on an Audi A4 which had a damaged front wing. I did all the preparation work, including primer.
There was a small hole in the radiator of my Mk4 so I replaced it with a new one. The A-arm bushings were worn. I replaced them with the Audi TT version which makes the suspension just a little bit stiffer. Great upgrade.
I replaced the window mechanism on both sides of the car. The left one was completely stuck in the driving motor. The right one was replaced before any trouble.